Sunday 25 January 2009

Sunday afternoon blogging

Hello all! It's Sunday afternoon and it seems like it's time for a blog.

Some excellent news about the trip to Japan. Michael's picking up the tickets this week, and he reckons it's 95% probable that we'll be going first class. In a way, the first class in itself is even more exciting than the trip (although obviously not really). Only two weeks away now, should be a rip-roaring good time.

On Friday I handed in my planning folder for my film Revenge, which was the last bit of semester 1 work to be done. Ever. I'd be slaving away on storyboards for it, and they all look terrible. It's always seemed strange (and rather unfortunate) to me that my Dad went to art school and then spawned a cack-handed goon who can't even draw decent stick men. Ah well. (Incidentally, I gave my dad this blog address, so if you're reading this: 'Hello'.)

Anyway, it's was a bit of an piece of work this one, because with every other piece of work I've handed in so far I've had a reasonable idea of what mark I'm going to get, but with this one I don't really have a clue. Everyone in the module is doing such different projects and they're all at different stages so marking it must be pretty difficult. I did quite a lot of work for it though (and the script alone went through several revisions) so hopefully I should get a decent mark. (Incidentally, I put the blog address in the work I handed in, so if Nic or a secondary marker is reading this: 'Hello'.)

After handing in the work on Friday, I took myself off to Sion Hill for some more Toast Ghost action. Unfortunately, all the audio we recorded last week is apparently unusable (distorted or something), so we're going to have to get everyone back and do it again. Luckily, it was just cast from various people hanging around, so getting them again won't be difficult, with the possible exception of Dan who is shooting his film this Sunday, so will probably be pretty busy most of the week. (Incidentally, Dan has just started a blog of his own following production, so do stop by there and tell him I said 'Hello')

When the mulling over the audio was done, we talked character designs and general animation styles. I sat in the back and occasionally issued demands, such as 'I want Lizzie to have pigtails' and 'I want the Mum to look like Tina Fey', which was fun. The way it's looking like it's going to come out is completely different to how I originally envisioned it, but that's a good thing. It should look pretty unique, which is always a plus. I also spoke to a super secret musician about doing a theme song, and he seems quite excited about it, so in turn I am excited. A memorable theme tune makes a cartoon complete.

In non-working news, Robert Popper, a favourite writer of mine, has just started a blog which is mainly just amusing videos he finds on the internet. Every single one he posts is pretty hilarious, so I recommend keeping an eye on that. Here is one of them that I like:





On a completely unrelated note, it's nice to see Jonathan Ross back on TV.  I like him.

Well, that's all for now. Ta ta.

1 comment:

  1. and hello to Mum who is currently on the other side of the world! Fab news re Japan trip - first class wow! Hope you get that, will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete