Wednesday 14 January 2009

Lunch Meeting

Today I went out to lunch with Dan to discuss his film Fiends, which we'll be shooting on the 2nd. I'll be acting in a producing role, and while I'm still not entirely sure what exactly that entails, it should be fun. Fiends is basically a zombie short (although Dan doesn't like to use the Z word), so hopefully my credit on it will be zombie wrangler. But anyway, the first bit of producerising I'll be doing is sitting in on a casting session and offering my opinion on the actors, just like in the movies.

I had a burger with BBQ sauce. The sauce cost 69p and came in a pot. You'd think for almost a pound, they'd have put it in the burger, but what can you do? I poured it myself in the end.

Going to see My Bloody Valentine 3D on Monday. Original was enjoyable enough, if a bit generic, but apparently this one's a lot better. The 3D is supposed to be excellent, and I love how they shot footage specifically for use in the trailer:



Film studios don't put enough care into the trailers anymore, and they all end up looking the same. You can't imagine anyone today financing this slice of brilliance:



Having said that, occasionally an interesting trailer (like the MBV3D one) does slip out, such as the Hot Fuzz internet only trailer, which Edgar Wright did because he's awesome:



Fans of trailers and Edgar Wright (aka nerds) should check out Trailers From Hell, which has loads of old trailers with commentary from some top directors, including Wright and Gremlins man Joe Dante.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Where are you buying this 69p BBQ sauce?!?

    Is it worth it?



    69


    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weatherspoons.

    Worth it? Meh, I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We nearly went to weatherspoons whilst in Glasgow for our dinner, but in the end went to an "all you can eat" chinese buffet place - really nice food

    ReplyDelete